2017 Highlights And 2018 Looking Forward!
We are grateful for the opportunity to serve the least and reach the lost, together with our friends. We are thankful for the people we met and the ways we were able to serve in 2017. And we look forward to exciting opportunities in 2018.
Thanks again for all of your support and prayers!
• Built new home for Noel and family
• Drilled 2nd new water well in Thomassique
• Valor Christian students organized fundraising concert (Febuary 2, 2017) to benefit projects through Hope Rising Haiti
• Completed business space for long-time friend, Nadage Gabriel
• Funded school tuition for 14 children
• Drilled new water well in Thomassique
• Built new church in LaSeve
• Continued relationship with Pastor Yves Prophete and GVCM.org and their network of more than 30 Haitian churches
• Drilled new water well in Cannon
• Blake spent three weeks in Haiti leading teams and projects, planning upcoming projects, and hosted vision trips
• Funded university tuition for 2 college students
• Drilled 3rd new water well in Thomassique
• Built new home for Silmene
• Completed Thomassique School Classroom Expansion
• Started construction for new church in Colora
• Blake continues to work for a local roofing company, Lifetime Construction, to provide additional income
• Valor Christian High School Discovery team of 25 students built new home for widow, led retreats for ladies and children
• Drilled 2nd new water well in Cannon
• Built new church in Ill-a-Vache destroyed by Hurricane Matthew
• Built new home for Mode and family
• Work team built new church benches for new church in Ill-a-Vache and dedicated new church
2018 Looking Forward
• Establish more partnerships between American churches and Haitian churches
• Family team travels to Fedja in February to serve at All God’s Children’s Orphanage
• Partner with GVCM.org and help raise money to build dining hall at All God’s Children Orphanage
• Create a model house that can be replicated and re-built by Haiti contractors or American work teams
• Drill 12 new water wells starting in, Onaville and Passpome
• Raise final $30,000 needed and complete construction of the new church in Colora
• Build 6 new churches: Colora, Passpome, Calbassiee, Terrierrouge, Dumond and Dondon (approximately $40,000 each)
• Work team travels to LaSeve and Colora in January to build church benches for new churches
• Establish more partnerships between American schools and Haitian Christian schools
• Establish more partnerships between American Businesses and Haitian Business opportunities
• Launch Hope Rising Haiti internship program
• Valor Christian High School Discovery Team travels to serve in March
• Partner with GVCM.org and help raise money to build toddler housing at All God’s Children Orphanage
• Create a model church building that can be replicated and re-built by Haiti contractors or American work teams
We still have a few spots open for our family vision and service trip, February 15-19, contact Blake if interested.
When: February 15-19, 2018
Project: This brief mission trip is perfect for an introductory trip or for those wishing to visit and encourage their Haitian friends from a previous trip. The team will be staying at the orphanage in Fedja hanging out with children, leading activities for them, and delivering food and tarps to homes - and serving spontaneously as God leads.
Thanks for your generous support of what God is doing in Haiti through Hope Rising!
To donate for the first time or increase your support visit HopeRisingHaiti.org/donate or click below.